I'm going to lead a performance taskforce at my customer. I can apply what I learned immediately!
- P.P. Bakker - Independent consultant.
I actually think this was the best training I ever followed!
R. van den Hoven - Freelancer.
We are now able to solve our memory leak and substantially reduce garbage collection overhead. That is really valuable to us!
- Lead developer of Electronic Trading House.
The exercises were hard so I needed the help of Jeroen. That is good because then I learn! I didn't experience that before in a course.
Day 1: Overview of performance
- Definition of performance
- Most common problems
- Agile performance requirements
- Time measurements
- Subjective performance
- Performance testing
- Performance in DevOps, microservices and architecture
- Performance on OS level
Day 2: Monitoring and garbage collection
- Database and I/O interaction
- JVM level monitoring
- Application server monitoring
- Application monitoring
- JVM memory management
- Garbage collection strategies
- GC logs visualization
- Tuning heap and GC
Day 3: Performance tuning
- CPU/Time profiling
- Thread profiling
- Memory profiling
- Getting results quickly
- Advanced analysis tools
- Object retention
- Solving memory problems